All of us are not fans of paying for more than we need. Therefore, you could find it quite tricky trying to get the right gadget for home brewing. By getting a fundamental kettle, you can still get the job done and save some money for other homebrewing gadgets. We’ve done the homework for you and written out this article comprises of the seven best brew kettles for home brewing reviews. If it is your first time getting in the homebrewing business, worry not, because we also added a little guide on home brewing and brew kettles for you. Read on and find yourself a pot that satisfies all your needs!
First, let’s browse through the seven best brew kettles for home brewing:
1. Concord Home 10-Gallon Brew Kettle
You can get several excellent options from this fundamental brew kettle.
This kettle’s bottom is singer-layered, and the entire design is made of food-grade stainless steel. There are many sizes available and is the ideal choice if you want to make larger batches of beer since it comes in sizes up to 50 gallons (190 liters)
- The product is made from high quality 304 Stainless Steel and has ll accessories included once purchased.
- User can hang the lid on the side of the kettle.
- Easy to remove and clean as it is full weld and has less construction.
- For safe shipping, the pre-drilled pot will come unassembled, and it would take less than 10 mins to assemble the product with strong hands.
- Some reviews reported that the bottom of this kettle is too thin.
2. Bayou Classic 10-Gallon Brew Kettle
The Bayou Classic offers a hops screen and a false bottom, which makes all grain brewing a snap.
This product includes the thermometer, bulkheads, and the ball valve. The construction is weldless, which gives the product an upscale feel at an introductory-level price. The tri-clad bottom on this model helps ensure even heating. If you’re looking for the best brew kettles for home brewing with a low budget, this one deserves your attention.
- Users can use the false bottom for all-grain brewing thanks to the low side indentation.
- No more sugar scorching on the bottom of the pot with the Tri-ply bottom feature.
- Features bulkhead fittings, which can help the users easily attach thermometer and spigot for a water-tight seal.
- The side calibrations is inside of the kettle, enables more accurate water level setting.
- The model can be quite substantial.
3. MegaPot 1.2 10-Gallon Brew Kettle
This high-quality brew kettle has made MegaPot an excellent reputation.
MegaPot 1.2 Brew Kettle is durable because it is made of heavy-duty stainless steel and its upper rim is reinforced with a polished band. There is a wide range of sizes of this product for the customers to select, the sizes can go from 8 to 30 gallons (about 30 to 114 liters). Users of this product will no longer worry about the transportation since it has silicone-grip handles and internal volume markings, making the model comfortable and safe to be transported.
- 100% made from Stainless Steel and has a 4mm Tri-Clad Bottom.
- The inside of the kettle has Graduated Volume Markings.
- Ensure safety with its Silicone Covered Handles.
- Weld-less Thermometer and Weld-less Ball Valve Assembly.
- This product can be quite substantial.
4. Blichmann Gas Boilermaker™G2 10-Gallon Brew Kettle
This choice is probably the best brew kettles for home brewing you have ever put your hand on.
Users of this product will find it extremely easy tracking every aspect of their boil. All of this is thanks to the BrewMometer™ thermometer, the G2 linear flow valve, and standard borosilicate glass level gauge. With this high-quality brew kettles, everything that is viewed as extras seems to be just standards.
- Easily fine-tune your flow rate with the patent-pending G2 linear flow valve.
- No worries about water stains or finger-prints thanks to a sleek brush that comes along with the whole set.
- Blichmann GasB BoilerMaker’s handles is long-lasting since they are made with high-impact glass-filled nylon.
- The handles are cool to the touch, high-temperature resistant, and comfortable.
- Provides a lot of brewing convenience thanks to its adjustable viewing angle BrewMometer with unique, patented, brewing dial face.
- The cost of this product can be too high for starters.
5. Edelmetall Brü 30-Gallon Kettle
The Brü Kettle features a crazy tangential whirlpool port for colling wort and corralling trub.
- Zero internal threads allow easy cleaning.
- Etched and adjustable-angle Edelmetall Brü thermometer along with gallon markers.
- Features a weldless tangential whirlpool port.
- 4mm tri-clad bottom, entirely made from Pro-quality 304 stainless steel.
- There are five different sizes for customers to choose.
- This product can be quite heavy and hard to handle.
6. Kegco 50-Gallon Brew Kettle
This Kegco meets the two most essential requirements of a brew kettle – durable and robust.
Kegco brew kettle has a tri-clad bottom, which ensures even heat distribution. The entire model is made of food-grade stainless steel and equipped with riveted, silicone grip handles. The lid of the kettle is also specially designed so that it can hang on the kettle’s handles.
- Constructed of heavy-duty 304-grade stainless steel.
- Tri-clad bottom ensures heat distribution and makes them compatible with induction cook-tops.
- The lid of the kettle is also specially designed so that it can hang on the kettle’s handles.
- Internal volume markers to get precise measurements.
- This product can be quite heavy and hard to handle.
7. Ss Brewtech Home Brewing Kettle; Stainless Steel (10 Gallon)
This product is the final product that we introduce to you in this list of best brew kettles for home brewing reviews.
- No scorching with Triclad bottom.
- Safe handling with silicone handles, hangable lid on side handles.
- Etched gallon markings on the inside of the kettle.
- The thermometer does not have an on/off switch, so it’s hard to turn it off when it’s not in use.
Let’s get down to business with some valuable advice on best brew kettle for home brewing
Homebrewing requires special skills. However, if you are new to this aspect of home-made beverage, you can still get passable results if you get the right gadgets. By the right gadgets, we are talking about the ones that go well with your brew kettles. In this next part, you are about to read, and we will provide you with some advice on useful homebrewing gadgets.
Ease your home brewing sessions with ball valves
It is traditional if you use a siphon to draw off hot wort. However, modern and brew kettles usually have a ball valve. This feature makes the process of transport wort easier, safer, and faster. We bet that not much of you here is a fan of wrestling a huge kettle full of hot wort, especially when you intend to make large batches.
So the next time you are choosing a brew kettle with a ball valve, ask yourself one simple question – would you prefer a welded or weldless fitting? The answer to this question depends on your personal preference. However, keep in mind that weldless fittings form a seal by using gaskets, which mean leaking can be a potential issue. The chance of leaking in mordern ball valves are low, but you still need to consider this problem if you’re not a fan of mopping.
Unlike weldless ones, welded valves and ports are free of any leaks. However, it cannot be removed from the model. Therefore, if there is something wrong with the construction of your brew kettle, especially the valve, you might need to buy an entirely new one for replacement. After all, leaks can generally be fixed with a little plumber’s tape.
When things get hot – Go for thermometers
For a successful boil. You will also need to know its temperature. Usually, brew kettles are equipped with analog dial thermometers in the bottom third of them. To make sure the pot you are about to buy does have a thermometer, you should take a look at the seven best brew kettles for home brewing reviews above. The position of the thermometer lets it read the internal temperature of the wort, yet keeps it far enough from the heat to avoid skewing the reading.
If you intend to use your brew kettle as a hot liquor tank for your all-grain brewing setup, built-in thermometers can be especially useful. Without the aid of a separate thermometer, you can still heat sparge water or strike water to the proper temperature.
There is an important note you need to keep in mind if you’re using a wort chiller and want to use a kettle with a built-in thermometer. You should ensure the thermometer’s probe won’t tangle in your wort chiller.
Dip Tubes can get to the last drop of your batch
Another name for dip tubes is pickup tubes. This feature is slender hoses attach to the back of the spigot or the ball valve assembly inside your brew kettle. Dip tubes’ function is to help you pull all the wort in the kettle while still leaving the trub at the bottom of the brew kettle behind. Trubs are the sludge of leftover fats, hops, and proteins.
The side pickup is probably your best choice if you’re handy with a stirring paddle and whirlpool your wort. By keeping the uptake close to the side, you will avoid siphoning off gunk from the hot or cold break. It can also help excess hop residue, the materials which will be concentrated in the center of the kettle.
If you can afford a brew kettle with higher quality has extra features such as a false bottom or hops screen, you might prefer it having a centered dip tube. From the unique position of the tube, which is below the screen or the false bottom, it can pull the filtered wort from the center of the kettle without fear of contamination.
Since the choice of ingredients used in homebrewing sessions can vary depend on the maker, the result can be different. Some occasional tidbit can still get in your batches even if you are using the best screen or filter. With an extra filter added to the tube, you can rid yourself of this problem.
Flexibility is the primary key for a happy homebrewing session. If you don’t have the budget to get the best brew kettle for home brewing out of the shelves in the store, start from small steps. Remember that some of the best beers of the world have come from humble home brewing sessions. While you learn, you should take some useful gadgets for beer brewing in consideration, as well. And once you have enough budget, maybe this article of 7 best brew kettle for home brewing reviews can be of use again! Don’t complicate things. The best brew kettle is the one that makes batches you love to drink and share.